||Lillian G. Kimball
||Oshkosh Public Museum
||Albumen print on carte de visite mount of Ebenezer Hubbard.
|Year Range from
|Year range to
||Three quarter seated view of Ebenezer Hubbard, middle aged man, wearing a dark suit and white shirt. He was the uncle of Lillian Kimball.
Ebenezer Hubbard was born in Canaan, Maine on February 26, 1807, the son of Joseph and Jane Moore Hubbard. He married Mary Thompson on December 27, 1836 in Buckfield, Maine. The couple had two daughters: Martha Hubbard Johnston and Ellen Hubbard Skinner. They also adopted their nephew, E. H. Hubbard. He was a pioneer who arrived in Sheboygan in 1847 and Winnebago County in 1847 where in partnership with L. P. Sheldon, he built the third lumber mill in Oshkosh. They were burned out in 1855. He was a Winnebago County Supervisor from the 3rd Ward of Oshkosh in 1854 & 1855. In 1874 he purchased a sawmill in Florida and vast tracts of pine lands, which were operated by his son E. H. Hubbard. In 1877 he erected a mansion on the edge of town and owned a farm in Section 35 Algoma Township. He also erected a block of storefronts on Main Street in 1875. He was also vice-president of the Union National Bank in Oshkosh. He died on April 30, 1886.
||carte de visite
||H=4 W=2 1/2 in
Union National Bank
NOTICE: This material may be freely used by non-commercial entities for educational and/or research purposes as long as this message remains on all copied material. These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format for profit or other presentation without the permission of The Oshkosh Public Museum. © 2005 Oshkosh Public Museum, All Rights Reserved
Last modified on: December 12, 2009