Hours and Admission
Tuesday through Saturday: 10:00 am to 4:30 pm
Sunday: 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm
The Museum is closed on Mondays and the following major holidays: New Year's Day, Spring Holiday (Good Friday), Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day (observed Dec 25-26.2017)
Seniors (62+): $5.00
Students (with valid ID): $5.00
Children (6-17): $3.50
Kids under 6: Free
Active Duty Military and their families receive free admission to the Museum Memorial Day through Labor Day, 2017, in conjunction with Blue Star Museums.
General admission can be purchased at the Museum on the day of your visit. Admission grants you access to the entire Museum for the full day. The Museum also hosts special events from time to time which require separate admission rates.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the galleries.
- Children must remain under direct adult supervision at all times while touring the Museum and are not permitted to roam through the Museum unsupervised.
- Photography and video recording for personal use are encouraged unless posted otherwise.
Before You Visit
- Touring the Oshkosh Public Museum and its exhibits takes approximately an hour and a half. Allow ample time to explore the permanent collection and the Sawyer home and grounds, as well as any traveling exhibitions that may be on site during your visit.
- Schedule your visit to coordinate with at least one chiming of the Apostles Clock. The clock chimes every hour, on the hour, and is one of the Museum's not-to-be-missed attractions.
- Time your visit with one of our special exhibitions or events. Special activities occur at the Museum year-round; see our events calendar for details.
- Learn about the Sawyer family and the Museum's permanent collections and exhibitions prior to your arrival. Our website is a great resource for brushing up on the Sawyers and other Oshkosh history, and offers a detailed guide to the Museum galleries.
- Plan to visit the Museum Store. This fun little shop is located in the main entrance of the Oshkosh Public Museum. Here you can find souvenirs from your trip, books featuring local history and more.
- Consider complementing your visit to the Oshkosh Public Museum with visits to other area attractions. As Wisconsin's event city, there is always something to see and do in town. Check out the city's event calendar to see what else is happening nearby.
For more information on planning your visit, please contact the Museum at 920-236-5799.
The Oshkosh Public Museum is committed to providing superior customer service to all visitors. We offer a variety of services to ensure the best possible accessibility to the Sawyer home, grounds and facilities in recognition of the diversity of our general public’s abilities and needs.
The Museum is fully handicap accessible. A wheelchair lift is located just inside the main entrance, to the right of the stairs.
For special needs, please contact: