||Albumen print mounted on white card stock and has a gold border of George Rogers.
MARKS: Back: "J. WILKINS,/PHOTOGRAPHER,/Oshkosh, Wis."
|Year Range from
|Year range to
||Full standing view of George Rogers. Mr. Rogers wears a long suit coat with velvet lapels, the coat is unbuttoned, he also wears a vest, bowtie and a watch chain is also visible. He is posed with his right hand resting on Jason Wilkins' distinctive studio prop railing (the photographer's name is painted at the bottom).
George Rogers was born in 1815 in Pennsylvania. His family moved to Crawford County Ohio in 1837. He taught shool there for 14 years. He married Susanna Kirk, March 17, 1841 and the couple had two sons: Henry K. and Thomas A. She died April 18, 1847. On February 9, 1848 he married Content E. Blake of Green County, PA. The couple had six children: Clara E.; Olive J.; Orville J.; Hallie L. Alva B.; George B. M.. In 1853 the family moved to Winnebago County, Oshkosh Township where George owned a 400 acre farm north of the present site of Riverside Cemetery along Lake Butte des Morts. In 1864 he moved into the City of Oshkosh.
||carte de visite
||H=4 W=2 1/2 in
Dairy products industry
NOTICE: This material may be freely used by non-commercial entities for educational and/or research purposes as long as this message remains on all copied material. These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format for profit or other presentation without the permission of The Oshkosh Public Museum. © 2005 Oshkosh Public Museum, All Rights Reserved
Last modified on: December 12, 2009