PIONEERS AND IMMIGRANTS
Ansel W. Kellogg

Previous Next Pioneers & Immigrants Exhibit Page Home Search
Record 77/261
Copyright Oshkosh Public Museum
Image
Enlarge Image
Collection Gallup
Description Albumen Print on visiting card, cream colored mount with purple ink, an oval picture with a rectangle border of Ansel W. Kellog.
MARKS: R. W. Hook/Photographer,/Waukegan, ILL
Year Range from 1866
Year range to 1870
Medium Cardstock/Photographic Paper
Notes Bust view of Ansel W. Kellog as an older man. He is wearing a suit and cravat and wears with a full beard with no moustache.

Ansel Wales Kellogg was born in North Amherst, Hampshire County, Massachusetts on June 21,1821, the son of Rufus and Nancy Stetson Kellogg. Ansell was a pioneer banker in Oshkosh beginning in 1852. Kellogg was the principle owner in several Oshkosh businesses: Darling, Wright, Kellogg & Company; Fitzgerald & Company; Bank of Oshkosh; and the First national Bank of Oshkosh. He married Nancy Henderson Hubbard in Sunderland on September 14, 1856. Namcy was born in Sunderland on April 4, 1823, the daughter of Ashley and Betsey Dole Hubbard. In the spring of 1861, Ansel suffered a stroke which crippled his left side. It later caused him to retire from business on November 1, 1865. His wife Nancy died of paralysis on March 22, 1863. Ansel died on October 23, 1870. Both are buried in North Amherst, Massachusetts.
Object ID P2000.3.26
Object Name Carte de visite
People Kellogg, Ansel W.
Place Waukegan, IL
Print size 2.5" x 4"
Subjects Portrait photographs
Male
Pioneers
Bankers
First National Bank of Oshkosh
Business people
Title Ansel W. Kellogg
COPYRIGHT INFORMATION ~ For access to this image, contact scross@ci.oshkosh.wi.us

NOTICE: This material may be freely used by non-commercial entities for educational and/or research purposes as long as this message remains on all copied material. These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format for profit or other presentation without the permission of The Oshkosh Public Museum. 2005 Oshkosh Public Museum, All Rights Reserved   
Last modified on: December 12, 2009